Mumtaheena Miah, MD
Board Certification from the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM)
- Subspecialty Board Certification of Endocrinology, Diabetes, & Metabolism
Dr. Mumtaheena Miah is board certified in internal medicine with subspecialty board certification in endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism.
Endocrine Associates of Dallas & Plano
EAD Dallas Office:
10260 North Central Expressway, Suite 100N, Dallas, Texas 75231
EAD Office Hours
Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Mumtaheena Miah, MD – Biography
Dr. Mumtaheena Miah is a board-certified Clinical Endocrinologist who is board certified in Endocrine, Diabetes and Metabolism Disorders. Her office is located in Dallas.
Dr. Miah’s ethnic origin is Bangladeshi, speaking fluently in both Bengali and English. She was born in Zimbabwe, raised in Botswana, and then in Toronto, Canada. She graduated summa cum laude from McMaster University in Canada, earning an honors degree in the Bachelor of Health Sciences. Dr. Miah then graduated magna cum laude from St. George’s University in Grenada. She was accepted into the Global Scholars program allowing her to complete her medical school training in Newcastle Upon Tyne in England, Grenada in the Caribbean, and then New York City. She pursued her post-graduate training in internal medicine at Christiana Care Health System in Wilmington, DE, and thereafter, her fellowship in endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism at Albert Einstein Health Network in Philadelphia, PA. Her extensive travels across the globe have provided immense experience into the nuances of various cultures and peoples. This has shaped her approach to medicine and her ability to connect and build relations with her patients, bearing in mind the importance of cultural sensitivity, and tailoring disease management to the individual.
Dr. Miah moved to Texas with her family in 2019 and was delighted to join Endocrine Associates of Dallas in 2020.
Dr. Miah is married to Dr. Mo Haque, who is a nephrologist in McKinney TX. They have one adorable daughter named Arya. Dr. Miah enjoys baking, crafting, reading novels, playing tennis, and traveling.
Mumtaheena Miah, MD – Curriculum Vitae
- American Board of Internal Medicine: Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, 2019
- American Board of Internal Medicine, 2018
Professional Organization Memberships
- Endocrine Society
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE)
- American Diabetes Association
- Fellowship in Metabolism, Endocrinology, and Diabetes, 2017-2019, Albert Einstein Healthcare Network, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency in Internal Medicine, Christiana Care Health System/Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Newark, DE 2014-2017
- Doctor of Medicine (Honors), 2010-2014, St. George’s University, School of Medicine, Grenada, Graduated magna cum laude; The Chancellor’s Circle Scholarship
- Bachelor of Science (Honors), 2005-2009, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
- Graduated summa cum laude
Honors & Awards
- Albert Einstein Society Seed Research Grant for Healthcare Disparities, Albert Einstein Health Network, Philadelphia, PA
- The Chancellor’s Circle Scholarship, St. George’s University School of Medicine, Grenada
Research and Publications
- Miah, M. (2018-in progress). Improving glucose control and reducing ED visits and hospital readmission rates of patients with uncontrolled type 2 diabetes by use of continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) sensors placed at the time of hospital discharge. A randomized, non-blinded prospective study. Albert Einstein Health Network, Department of Endocrinology, Philadelphia, PA.
- Miah, M., Jorge, V., and Dourado, C. (2019). Malignant Pheochromocytoma: A rare neoplasm easily confounded with metastasis. A case report. Philadelphia, PA. Publisher: Endocrine Society.
- Ucciferro, P., Miah, M., and Anastasopoulou, C. (2019). Episodic Hypertension in a Young Female Due to Ectopic Adrenal Tissue: An Unusual Presentation. A case report. Philadelphia, PA. Publisher: Endocrine Practice.
- Hammami, M., Miah, M., and Anastasopoulou, C. (2018). Thyroxine. Medscape Article. Albert Einstein Health Network, Department of Endocrinology, Philadelphia, PA.
- Vadde, R., Miah, M., Oke, V., Schmidt, M.F.J., and Anastasopoulou, C. (2018). Dexamethasone/Corticotropin-Releasing Hormone Test. Medscape Article. Albert Einstein Health Network, Department of Endocrinology, Philadelphia, PA.
- Miah, M., Sajja, P., Anastasapoulou, C., Blocher, N., and Prater, J. (2018). Lymphocytic hypophysitis: Still a diagnostic challenge. A case report. Philadelphia, PA. Publisher: Endocrine Practice.
- Miah, M. (2016). Concurrent presentation of MODY and LADA, interpreting antibody-positivity in diabetes. A case report. Newark, DE.
- Miah, M. (2015). Non-beta lactam antibiotic usage in penicillin allergic individuals and the role of penicillin allergy testing. A cross-sectional study. Newark, DE.
- Miah, M. & Ofosu, F. (2009). Effects of Prasugrel on ADP-Mediated Platelet Activation and Aggregation. A Laboratory Study (Bench Research). McMaster University, Dep’t of Pathology & Molecular Medicine, Hamilton, ON.
- Miah, M. & Qadri, F. (2007). Effect of zinc supplementation on total IgA levels in fecal specimens obtained from children suffering from acute diarrheal illness due to enterotoxigenic e.coli. A Laboratory Study (Bench Research). International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease, Bangladesh (ICDDRB), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Miah, M., Jorge, V., and Dourado, C. (2019). Malignant Pheochromocytoma: A rare neoplasm easily confounded with metastasis. To be presented at Endocrine Society 2019, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Miah, M., Sajja, P., Anastasapoulou, C., Blocher, N., and Prater, J. (2018). Lymphocytic hypophysitis: Still a diagnostic challenge. American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists Conference. Boston, Massachusetts.
- Miah, M., Dang, T., Fagel, J., Gross, A., Mankus, D., O’Donnell, E., and Oran, M. (2015). Achieving competency today (ACT): Issues in health care quality, cost, systems, and safety. Christiana Care Health System, Newark, DE.