Mitchell I. Sorsby, MD, FACP, FACE
- Board Certification from the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM)
- Subspecialty Board Certification of Endocrinology, Diabetes, & Metabolism
Endocrine Associates of Dallas & Plano
Plano Office (Only)
1820 Preston Park Blvd., Suite 1850, Plano, TX 75093
EAD Plano Office Hours
Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Best Doctors in Collin County (2021, 2020, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2011)
Best Doctors (2020, 2019, 2018, 2015, 2014, 2010, 2009)
Mitchell I. Sorsby, MD – Biography
Mitchell I. Sorsby, MD, is a board-certified endocrinologist who treats patients at Endocrine Associates of Dallas in Plano. He was born in Mexico City, Mexico, and received his medical degree with honors from the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (National Autonomous University of Mexico) in 1988. After his residency in Internal Medicine at Sinai Hospital of Detroit, he completed a fellowship in Endocrinology and Metabolism at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit.
In 1994, Dr. Sorsby joined Endocrine Associates of Dallas as a clinical endocrinologist. He has participated as a sub-investigator in the Research Institute of Dallas. He enjoys using his bilingual skills in both English and Spanish to effectively communicate with his patients.
Since 2002, he is repeatedly recognized by D Magazine in its annual feature of “Best Doctors in Dallas” and named in the yearly edition of Texas Monthly that lists Texas “Super Doctors.”
Dr. Sorsby enjoys lecturing on numerous topics in endocrinology. He provides lectures to other physicians in the community to assist them in being up to date with the latest breakthroughs.
Since 2017, Dr. Sorsby began accepting patients into a concierge practice. This type of practice allows him to have closer interactions with his patients. For more information, contact Concierge Choice Physicians.
He has been married to Michelle since 1992 and has 4 wonderful boys (Nick, Eric, Brad, and Tim). He enjoys traveling and playing various sports (tennis, golf, ping pong). He also enjoys his time of being a spectator of local sports teams.
Education and Training
High School, American School Foundation, Mexico City, Mexico – 1977-1981
Medical School, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico – 1981-1988
Internship and Residency
Residency of Internal Medicine, Sinai Hospital of Detroit, Detroit, Michigan – 1989-1992
Fellowship in Endocrinology & Metabolism, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan – 1992-1994
Clinical Endocrinologist, Endocrine Associates of Dallas, PA – 1994- Present
- Foreign Medical Graduates Examination of the Medical Sciences (FMGEMS) – 1987/1988
- Diplomate of the Board of Internal Medicine – 1992
- Diplomate of the Subspecialty Board of Diabetes, Endocrinology & Metabolism – 1995
- Recertification for Board of Internal Medicine – 2002
- Recertification for the Subspecialty Board of Diabetes, Endocrinology & Metabolism – 2005
- Recertification for the Subspecialty Board of Diabetes, Endocrinology & Metabolism – 2014
Professional Exam “With Honors”, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico – 1987
- Member of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Member of the Endocrine Society
- Member of the Texas Medical Association
- Member of the Collin-Fannin County Medical Association
Clinical Instructor of Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical School, From 1994 through 2014
Speaker Bureau Participations (current)
- Radius Health
- Elected to fellowship by the American College of Endocrinology (FACE) and the American College of Physicians (FACP)
- Voted by fellow physicians in the Dallas-Forth Worth area among “Top Doctors in Dallas” for the specialty of Endocrinology every year since 2002.
- Voted by fellow physicians, patients, and nurses in Texas among “Best Doctors” in the specialty of Endocrinology as appears in the Texas Monthly magazine every year since 2005.
- Served as an international consultant in Mexico on multiple occasions
- Various lectures internationally (in Mexico) at hospital grand rounds
Sub-investigator for multiple drug trials at the Research Institute of Dallas from 1994 thru 2005. This included trials involved in the approval of Apidra, Crestor, Byetta, Januvia, Tradjenta.
Medical Director of the Center for Lifestyle Enhancement at Medical Center of Plano (1998-2000)
Medical Director of the Diabetes Treatment Center at the Presbyterian Hospital of Plano (2000-2002)