Elisabeth Joye Petr, MD
- Board Certification from the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM)
- Subspecialty Board Certification of Endocrinology, Diabetes, & Metabolism
Endocrine Associates of Dallas & Plano
Dallas Office (Only)
10260 North Central Expressway, Suite 100N, Dallas, Texas 75231
EAD Dallas Office Hours
Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Elisabeth Joye Petr, MD – Biography
Dr. Elisabeth Joye Petr is one of our endocrinologists at Endocrine Associates and is accepting new adult patients at the Dallas office with all endocrine conditions, including diabetes and insulin pump management, thyroid disorders, osteoporosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, hypogonadism, adrenal and pituitary disorders, elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
Dr. Petr graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Science degree from Southern Adventist University in 2005. She matriculated from medical school at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, TX, in 2012, and completed Internal Medicine Residency training at UT Southwestern Medical Center, Parkland Hospital, and the Dallas VA Medical Center in 2015. She then completed fellowship specialization in Endocrinology at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI in 2017.
Dr. Petr has published original research and review articles addressing the importance of controlling risk factors such as diabetes, hypertension, and cholesterol levels in order to reduce a person’s risk for cardiovascular disease, and also describing the clinical presentation and management of genetic endocrine tumor syndromes, specifically hereditary pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma syndromes. She won an Outstanding Abstract Award for her presentation at the 2017 Endocrine Society annual meeting in Orlando, FL.
Dr. Petr is board certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology by the American Board of Internal Medicine, and a member of several professional societies including the Texas Medical Association, Dallas County Medical Society, Endocrine Society, and American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists.
In her free time, Dr. Petr enjoys traveling, reading, trying new restaurants, watching Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Stars games, and spending time with family and friends.
Elisabeth Joye Petr, MD – Curriculum Vitae
- ABIM Board Certified in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- ABIM Board Certified in Internal Medicine.
- Endocrinologist, Endocrine Associates of Dallas
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospitals, Dallas and Plano
Professional Organization Memberships
- Texas Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Endocrine Society
Fellowship in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism
The University of Michigan. Ann Arbor, MI. 2015-2017.
Residency in Internal Medicine
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. Dallas, TX. 2013-2015.
Internship (Internal Medicine)
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. Dallas, TX. 2012-2013.
Doctor of Medicine
MD, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. Dallas, TX. 2012.
Bachelor of Science. Summa Cum Laude. Southern Adventist University. Collegedale, TN. 2005.
State of Texas
Honors & Awards
- Endocrine Society Outstanding Abstract Award,
- Endocrine Society Travel Grant, 2017.
- UT Southwestern Internal Medicine Residency Housestaff Teaching Award, Honorable Mention, 2014.
- Robert C. Byrd Scholarship for Academic Achievement, 2002-2005.
- National Merit Commended Scholar, 2000.
Service & Leadership
- University of Michigan Metabolism, Endocrinology & Diabetes annual Floyd Lecture, Fellow organizer. 2017.
- American Diabetes Association Camp Midicha. Fenton, MI. Medical Staff Volunteer. 2016.
- University of Michigan Diabetes Health Fair. Medical Consult Booth. 2015.
- UTSW Internal Medicine Global Health Program, 2015.
- Women in Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern. Founding member, 2014.
- Southwestern Diabetic Foundation Camp Sweeney. Gainesville, TX. Medical Staff Volunteer. 2011.
- UTSW Medical School Class Officer, Enrichment Electives Planning Committee, 2008-2010.
- UT Southwestern United to Serve Community Health Fair, 2009.
- Basic Life Support Provider, American Heart Association
Bibliography of Elisabeth Joye Petr, MD
- Petr EJ, Else T. Adrenal Cortical Carcinoma (ACC): When and why should we consider germline testing? La Presse Medical. In Press.
- Petr EJ, Else T. Pheochromocytoma and Paraganglioma in Neurofibromatosis type 1: frequent surgeries and cardiovascular crises indicate the need for screening. Clinical Diabetes and Endocrinology. 2018 Jun 22; 4:15.
- Petr EJ, Else T. Genetic Predisposition to Endocrine Tumors: Diagnosis, Surveillance and Challenges in Care. Seminars in Oncology. 2016 Oct;43(5):582-590.
- Ahmad Z, Li X, Wosik J, Mani P, Petr J, McLeod G, Murad S, Song L, Adams-Huet B, Garg A. Premature coronary heart disease and autosomal dominant hypercholesterolemia: Increased risk in women with LDLR mutations. Journal of Clinical Lipidology. 2016 Jan-Feb;10(1):101-8. e1-3.
- Petr EJ, Ayers CR, Pandey A, de Lemos JA, Powell-Wiley TM, Khera A, Lloyd-Jones DM, Berry JD. Perceived Lifetime Risk for Cardiovascular Disease (from the Dallas Heart Study). American Journal of Cardiology. 2014 Jul 1;114(1):53-8.
- Petr EJ, Else T. Clinical Features of Pheochromocytoma and Paraganglioma in Patients with Neurofibromatosis Type 1. Endocrine Society Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL, April 2, 2017. Poster Session SUN 398.
- Petr EJ, Koeppe E, Osborne JM, Jacobs M, Hanson K, Marvin M, Everett J, Stoffell EM, Else T. Uptake of Cascade Genetic Testing in Hereditary Pheochromocytoma/Paraganglioma Syndromes. Endocrine Society Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL, April 1, 2017. Oral Session OR04 Adrenal Tumors: From the Medulla to the Cortex.
- January 2018. “Menopausal Hormone Therapy (MHT): The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (or Uncertain).” Texas Health Resources Grand Rounds.
- December 2017. “Endocrine Emergencies: Adrenal Insufficiency, Myxedema Coma, Thyroid Storm.” Texas Health Resources Internal Medicine Resident Teaching Conference.
- December 2017. “Hypertension with Elevated Metanephrines: Is it a Pheochromocytoma?” Texas Health Resources Internal Medicine Clinical Grand Rounds.
- November 2016. “Advanced Inpatient Glycemic Management: Tube Feedings, Steroids, Concentrated Insulins (U-500), Insulin Pump trouble shooting, MiChart Endocrine order sets, and Patient Cases.” University of Michigan Internal Medicine Resident Teaching Conference, VA Hospital, Ann Arbor, MI.
- October 2016. “Menopause Hormonal Therapy: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.” University of Michigan Metabolism, Endocrinology & Diabetes Division Clinical Conference. Ann Arbor, MI.
- March 2016. “Changing insulin requirements in Chronic Kidney Disease, Hemodialysis, and Peritoneal Dialysis.” University of Michigan Metabolism, Endocrinology & Diabetes Division Clinical Conference. Ann Arbor, MI.
- March 2016. “Advanced Inpatient Glycemic Management: Tube Feedings, Steroids, Concentrated Insulins (U-500), Insulin Pump trouble shooting, MiChart Endocrine order sets, and Patient Cases.” University of Michigan Internal Medicine Resident Teaching Conference, VA Hospital, Ann Arbor, MI.
- January 2016. “Secondary Hypertension: Pheochromocytoma and other Endocrine causes.” Internal Medicine Resident Teaching Conference, St. Joseph Mercy Hospital. Ann Arbor, MI.
- January 2016. “Genetic Predisposition to Endocrine Tumors.” University of Michigan Metabolism, Endocrinology & Diabetes Division Clinical Conference. Ann Arbor, MI.
- November 2015. “Elevated Metanephrines: Is it a Pheochromocytoma?” University of Michigan Metabolism, Endocrinology & Diabetes Division Clinical Conference. Ann Arbor, MI.
- October 2015. “Hypertriglyceridemia-Induced Acute Pancreatitis.” University of Michigan Metabolism, Endocrinology & Diabetes Division Clinical Conference. Ann Arbor, MI.
Continuing Medical/Dental/Specialty Education Conferences and eConferences
- Osteoporosis Foundation of New Mexico Bone Symposium. Santa Fe, NM. 2018.
- Endocrine Society Annual Meeting. Chicago, IL. 2018.
- Texas AACE Annual Meeting. San Antonio, TX. 2017.
- Endocrine Society Annual Meeting. Orlando, FL. 2017.
- AACE Endocrine University. Mayo Clinic. Rochester, MN. 2017.
- Michigan AACE Annual Meeting. Mackinac Island, MI. 2016.
- AACE Endocrine Coding Course. Atlanta, GA. 2016.
- Michigan AACE Annual Meeting. Lansing, MI. 2015.