Mitchell I. Sorsby, MDAdult Endocrinologist
- Internal Medicine
- Endocrinology, Diabetes, & Metabolism
Henry Ford Hospital
Endocrinology & Metabolism
Internship and Residency
Sinai Hospital of Detroit
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
Doctor of Medicine
Mexico City, Mexico
American School Foundation
Mexico City, Mexico
- Foreign Medical Graduates Examination of the Medical Sciences (FMGEMS) – 1987/1988
- Diplomate of the Board of Internal Medicine – 1992
- Diplomate of the Subspecialty Board of Diabetes, Endocrinology & Metabolism – 1995
- Recertification for Board of Internal Medicine – 2002
- Recertification for the Subspecialty Board of Diabetes, Endocrinology & Metabolism – 2005
- Recertification for the Subspecialty Board of Diabetes, Endocrinology & Metabolism – 2014
Professional Exam “With Honors”, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico – 1987
- Member of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Member of the Endocrine Society
- Member of the Texas Medical Association
- Member of the Collin-Fannin County Medical Association
Clinical Instructor of Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical School, From 1994 through 2014
Speaker Bureau Participations (current)
- Radius Health
- Elected to fellowship by the American College of Endocrinology (FACE) and the American College of Physicians (FACP)
- Voted by fellow physicians in the Dallas-Forth Worth area among “Top Doctors in Dallas” for the specialty of Endocrinology every year since 2002.
- Voted by fellow physicians, patients, and nurses in Texas among “Best Doctors” in the specialty of Endocrinology as appears in the Texas Monthly magazine every year since 2005.
- Served as an international consultant in Mexico on multiple occasions
- Various lectures internationally (in Mexico) at hospital grand rounds
Sub-investigator for multiple drug trials at the Research Institute of Dallas from 1994 thru 2005. This included trials involved in the approval of Apidra, Crestor, Byetta, Januvia, Tradjenta.
Medical Director of the Center for Lifestyle Enhancement at Medical Center of Plano (1998-2000)
Medical Director of the Diabetes Treatment Center at the Presbyterian Hospital of Plano (2000-2002)
He has been married to Michelle since 1992 and has 4 wonderful boys (Nick, Eric, Brad, and Tim). He enjoys traveling and playing various sports (tennis, golf, ping pong). He also enjoys his time of being a spectator of local sports teams.
Mitchell I. Sorsby, MD, is a board-certified endocrinologist who treats patients at Endocrine Associates of Dallas in Plano. He was born in Mexico City, Mexico. In 1994, Dr. Sorsby joined Endocrine Associates of Dallas as a clinical endocrinologist. He has participated as a sub-investigator in the Research Institute of Dallas. He enjoys using his bilingual skills in both English and Spanish to effectively communicate with his patients.
Since 2002, he is repeatedly recognized by D Magazine in its annual feature of “Best Doctors in Dallas” and named in the yearly edition of Texas Monthly that lists Texas “Super Doctors.”
Dr. Sorsby enjoys lecturing on numerous topics in endocrinology. He provides lectures to other physicians in the community to assist them in being up to date with the latest breakthroughs.