Jaime L. Wiebel, MDAdult Endocrinologist
- Internal Medicine
- Endocrinology, Diabetes, & Metabolism
University of Michigan
Metabolism, Endocrinology and Diabetes
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Detroit Medical Center
Wayne State University Clinic Intern of the Year (2011)
John D Dingell VA Medical Center Resident of the Month (2011)
Doctor of Medicine
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine,
Doctor of Medicine
University of Miami
Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering
Coral Gables, FlL
Awarded Peter P. Tarjan Award for Excellence in Biomedical Engineering
Graduated Cum Laude
Professional Organization Memberships
American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
Dallas County Medical Society
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan – 7/2013-7/2015
Doris Duke Research Fellowship, UT Southwestern, Dallas, Texas – 7/2008-6/2009
- Banerjee M, Wiebel JL, Guo C, Gay B, Haymart MR. “Use of imaging tests after primary treatment of thyroid cancer in the United States: population based retrospective cohort study evaluating death and recurrence.” BMJ. 2016 Jul 20;354 :i3839. doi: 10.1136/bmj.i3839.
- Wiebel J, Esfandiari, NH, Papaleontiou, M, Worden, F, Haymart, MR, “Evaluating PET Scan Use in Differentiated Thyroid Cancer.” Thyroid. 2015 Sep;25(9):1026-32. doi: 10.1089/thy.2015.0062. Epub 2015 Aug 3.
- Wiebel J, Banerjee M, Muenz D, Worden F, Haymart M. “Post Diagnosis Imaging in Thyroid Cancer.” Cancer. 2015 May 1;121(9):1387-94. doi: 10.1002/cncr.29210. Epub 2015 Jan 6.
- Price AL, Lingvay I, Szczepaniak EW, Wiebel J, Victor RG, Szczepaniak LS. “Metabolic Cost of Lowering Blood Pressure with Hydrochlorothiazide.” Diabetol Metab Syndr. 2013 Jul 9;5(1):35. doi: 10.1186/1758-5996-5-35.
- Lingvay I, Esser V, Legendre JL, Price AL, Wertz KM, Adams-Huet B, Zhang S, Unger RH, Szczepaniak LS. “Non-invasive Quantification of Pancreatic Fat in Humans.” J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009 Oct;94(10):4070-6. Epub 2009 Sep 22
- Lingvay I, Legendre JL, Kaloyanova PF, Zhang S, Adams-Huet B, Raskin P. “Insulin Based Vs. Triple Oral Therapy for Newly Diagnosed Type II Diabetes.” Diabetes Care. 2009 Oct;32(10):1789-95. Epub 2009 Jul 10
- Wiebel J, Esfandiari, NH, Papaleontiou, M, Worden, F, Haymart, MR, “Evaluating PET Scan Use in Differentiated Thyroid Cancer.” Presented at Endo2015 in San Diego, CA. March 2015.
- Wiebel J, Banerjee M, Muenz D, Worden F, Haymart M. “Post Diagnosis Imaging in Thyroid Cancer.” Presented at American Thyroid Association Annual Conference, Coronado, CA. October 2014.
- Wiebel, J. “Diabetes Insipidus Associated with Acute Myeloid Leukemia with Normal Karyotype.” Presented at Michigan American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists Meeting. Traverse City, MI. October 2014.
- Lingvay I, Esser V, Legendre JL, Price AL, Wertz KM, Adams-Huet B, Zhang S, Unger RH, Szczepaniak LS. “Non-invasive Quantification of Pancreatic Fat in Humans” Presented at Doris Duke Clinical Research Program Annual Conference, Chapel Hill, NC. May 2009.
- Lingvay I, Legendre JL, Kaloyanova PF, Zhang S, Adams-Huet B, Raskin P .“Insulin-Based vs. Triple Oral Therapy for Newly Diagnosed Type II Diabetes: Which is Better?” Presented at American Diabetes Association Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA. June 2009.
Wiebel J, Haymart M.“Malignant Disease of the Thyroid.” Thyroid and Parathyroid Disease. New York, NY: Thieme Publishers.
Continuing Medical Education Conferences
- Texas American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists Annual Meeting, San Antonio, Texas, August 2017
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists 26th Annual Clinical and Scientific Conference, Austin, Texas, May 2017
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists 25th Annual Clinical and Scientific Conference, Orlando, Florida, May 2016
- ENDO 2015, Endocrine Society Annual Meeting, San Diego, California, April 2015
- 84th Annual Meeting of the American Thyroid Association, Coronado, California, October 2014
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists 23rd Annual Clinical and Scientific Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, May 2014
- American Diabetes Association 69th Annual Scientific Session, New Orleans, LA, June 2009
Jaime L. Wiebel, MD is a board certified clinical endocrinologist who specializes in endocrine, diabetes and metabolism disorders at Endocrine Associates of Dallas.